My name is Danny Langeveld from Almere, born in Amsterdam.
I'm 17 years old at the moment and active with scooters for over a year now.
I don't have a big history with scooters, this is my first one.
My dad gave it to me for my birthday.
It's a kymco super 8 4-stroke with a GY6 50 engine based on the onda GY6 engine.
At the beginning it looked really boring, the only thing i did was removing the mirrors and shortened the mudguard.
This is how it looked like:
Top speed of 58km/h with slow acceleration.
So i started tuning a little bit, i got myself a new exhaust and removed the mudguard:
Gave me a really nice sound, the original exhaust had the sound of a vacuum cleaner...
I enjoyed my scooter but it became a bit boring so i started to work on it some more.
I changed a couple of things:
Ik deed de volgende dingen:
• Shortened windshield
• Better spot for license plate
• Removed stickers
• Cleaned it
• New handles
• Chrome cooling cap
• Blue city lights
• Removed the reflectors
• Shortened mudguard covering backwheel
• Angry look
This is how it looked after the changes:
After a lot of whining to daddy i got permission to buy a new cylinder.
I mounted the following stuff:
• NCY 80cc
• NCY Overdrive 2
• NCY T2 camshaft
Sound movie 80cc (first start):
Thats the introduction how i started, now im gonna tell you my plans.
What are my plans?
• Making a really nice scooter to see, i want it as custom as possible.
• A scooter that has a nice top speed and acceleration, it's not going to be a sprinter so dont excpect too much of it. I'm doing this for the fun.
• Introducing the power and beaty of a 4-stroke engine to the people, i wanna teach them that a 4-stroke can be pretty cool. It's something else than a 2-stroke.
• White rims.
• Angry look made with putty mastic or something.
• White buddy.
• Powder coat the rear springs white.
• Lift the back up.
• Polishing the carter.
• White racinggaus
• Gilera ice mudguard
• Red with chrome handles with red siphonsgrips.
• RPM meter
• Sportsteer with accessoires.
• NCY 90cc with tuned cylinder head.
• NCY T2 camshaft
• Keihin 24mm carburettor
• NCY Overdrive 2 vario
• NCY Oil cooler
• Naraku high speed bobine
Rood = gedaan
At the moment i'm really busy with work and school, when i'm making progress i'll update my post.
Scooter at the moment:
This is how it will look like:
(thanks to tharonny)